Tuesday 28 July 2009

What to do with a free junky table: Part 2

Remember this table?
IMG_6023
During a break in the rain, I indulged in literally hours of scraping, scrubbing, and an aborted attempt at sanding so it now looks like this:
IMG_6283IMG_6280
I planned to replace the top – still do – but I was hoping that the main frame was salvageable and of good construction so I could leave it bare wood. Unfortunately it turns out that this table was made from cannibalized bits of other furniture (what did I really expect from a table found in an art college skip?). Oh well, I’ll make the new top nice and woody but the frame is going to have to be painted.
Time to break out the hoarded tins of paint that have found their way into the shed – trust me, it’s going to be fabulous :)
Beccy

No comments:

Post a Comment