Wednesday, 30 January 2013

I got a shiny new (old) toy!

What’s in the battered brown box?

IMG_4173

A lovely, lovely 60’s Jones sewing machine!

IMG_4174

Isn’t it pretty? I saw it in a charity shop and it was way above my flinch point (£35, more money than I had on me and the shop didn’t take cards, luckily I was with family who were willing to scour their pockets!) I haven’t had a chance to play with it properly yet, but really at the moment I’m happy just looking at it. Is that weird?

IMG_4176

It came with the manual and loads of feet and attachments that I don’t have on my newer machine.

Including this:

IMG_4178

I’ve googled til it hurts but I can’t find a foot that looks like this anywhere on the web so I’m turning to you guys – any ideas? Why does it have that little loop on the front? What is it for?!

IMG_4180

Our fashion department thought it might be a freehand buttonhole foot but they weren’t sure. It’s a Singer foot if that helps?

It’s a mystery to me!

Beccy

2 comments:

  1. I love the heavy duty nature of the old metal sewing machines. Looks like you got a real beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know for sure what that foot is, but my guess would be a foot to guide a thread to stitch over for piping??

    ReplyDelete