Tuesday 12 February 2013

MIA…

So it turns out that lately I’ve been missing in action. I haven’t had time to do any sewing for weeks, and I’ve been far too tired for my normal evening knitting/crochet time.

So what have I been doing?

Looking longingly at my pile of potential, probably easy, refashions?

Yup.

Picking up my hook and promptly falling asleep?

Yup.

But mostly I’ve been making ceramics for my upcoming Open Studio. Yep, it’s that time of year again, where I work like a mad thing for weeks, spend days clearing out, re-arranging, displaying (and cleaning) the workshop, then throw open the doors and try not to look too worn out for a couple of weekends.

Here are a few things I’ve been working on.

IMG_4206

Lots of little jugs – two firings down, two to go. I like to make things complicated (and time consuming!)

IMG_4211

Some new things – I made nine of these today, gotta get a move on if I want to have enough to show, they are only a couple of inches across.

IMG_4209

They are clear-glazed porcelain boxes and will eventually have some embroidery set into the top. I’m going to get to do some sewing again! Very exciting.

Lots still to do though – I’ve got to actually do the embroidery (free-motion foot to the rescue!), have some decals made, actually finish something so I can take photos for postcards. Oh, and make enough work to have something to sell – and all before the middle of April. Lawks, think it might be a bit quiet around here for a bit.

If you’d like to see any of my finished work, you can pop by www.beccyridsdel.co.uk.

Beccy

No comments:

Post a Comment