Thursday 28 January 2010

Remember this dress?

IMG_7161
I bought it in the Summer for 50p from my favourite charity shop. It is labelled a medium, well I’m medium by most standards and although it fit my hips, I couldn’t zip it past my ribcage. It has been sitting in my ‘to do’ pile (winking at me) ever since and I decided, finally, to do something with it.
IMG_8253
Isn’t the fabric great?
IMG_8252
It looks like a much easier refashion than it was. Well, it wasn’t really hard, I detached the skirt and waistband, made button loops out of one of the straps and resewed the waistband back on to the skirt. It was a faff because it was overlocked to within an inch of its life, and took ages to take apart. Actually sewing it took about ten minutes, and there were threads everywhere!
I’ve also nearly finished my second Kasia skirt from Burdastyle – I forgot about that waistband fandangle though!
Beccy

4 comments: