Thursday 29 October 2009

To cheer myself up, I’m making something for me!

Hello chaps, things haven’t been too rosy lately and since the clocks changed it’s been gloomier than ever – not a mood conducive to creativity to be sure.

Despite that, I’ve decided to start a new project - something cheery, time consuming, and (probably most importantly) that will use up my mountainous stash. No, more importantly, that will cheer me up!

What’s that you say? How about a quilt? Yesiree! A few days ago I came across this tutorial from Cluck Cluck Sew (serendipity?) on how to make double hourglass blocks the easy way. I love her quilt and decided to use up my blue and red scraps to make it.

IMG_7236

After a few hours, I had cut about a million 2” strips, sewn them together and made a template to cut them into this:

IMG_7237

I still have a lot of cutting to do, at the moment I have enough triangles cut to make a very tiny cot quilt.

The pattern should look like this:

IMG_7242

But I’m thinking of making it more like this:

IMG_7245

What do you think?

I also went charity shopping this morning so I have a few vintage finds to show you too (If I get a nice day to photograph them)

Beccy

2 comments: