Saturday 31 October 2009

Boo!

IMG_7368

Ok, so we don’t really do Halloween in the UK, not like you good folks in the US at any rate! But this is our small effort.

This was the only pumpkin that grew in our patch and it’s all of 8” across. Still, my brother designed the face and ma did the carving and it’s sitting in our yard, scaring the wee kiddies (well, making them laugh at any rate!)

I now have a big bag of pumpkin innards, so if anyone knows of a great pumpkin pie recipe (or anything else pumkiny and lovely) I’d love a link!

Beccy

4 comments:

  1. Ooh yes I have a recipe!

    http://vegancupcakes.wordpress.com/2007/09/17/pumpkin-pie-brownie/#more-155

    Lots of lovely recipes on there!

    I love your pumpkin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pumpkin, too!

    It's quiet in our neighborhood this year. Most of the kids are growing up, too old for Trick-or-Treat. My three youngest ones are at Halloween parties elsewhere, and my oldest is recovering from a long day spent at state honor choir auditions. I'm just sitting here contemplating whether or not I should simply turn off the lights and eat the last four handful of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmm! The best part is roasting pumpkin seeds. This seems like a good recipe (she includes a brine solution).

    Great smile.

    www.catalogs.com/info/kitchen/how-to-make-pumpkin-seeds.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. We didn't have a single trick-or-treater! Ok, so I live on a private road and the local kids seem to have all grown up, but still, we usually get a couple. Guess I'll have to eat all the sweeties myself!

    Thanks for the recipe ideas guys :)

    ReplyDelete