Sunday 11 October 2009

More of this week’s thrift-shop treasures…

 IMG_7158IMG_7160

I’ve been a bit dress mad recently – it seems lots of people are getting rid of summery things in favour of more wintry ones. Well, not me. I always find that summery clothes are much cheaper in charity shops in winter and vice versa. The dress above left was found in Thirsk and although it’s a bit big up top it’s not so big I fall out of it so I might leave it as is and wear it with a cardi. The one above right was 50p form the sale rail of Easingwold’s only charity shop – bargain, and it fits perfectly. I wasn’t too hot on the fabric (it’s a bit crepe-y and mumsy) until I put it on and it looks so much better than I thought it would. If it looked crap, I would have found some crafty use for it!

IMG_7161IMG_7159 

The dress above left was also 50p from the same Easingwold charity shop sale rail. (I bet you’ve seen this one, Ann, they’ve had it for ages!) I loved the fabric when I first saw it, but although it says it’s a medium (ha!) there is no way it would ever fit me unless I had my ribs removed. The bottom fits perfectly though – which is odd, because I’m small of chest and large of hip - so I’ll probably make it into a skirt and use the leftover bits for quilting or some such.

The shirt above right is lady-size, so there isn’t too much fabric to work with. The collar is worn through and it’s all a bit tatty but once again, I just couldn’t pass up that fabric. Maybe I have a thing for printed birds? And blue.

IMG_7162

The fabric above is a huge square pillowcase – I always rummage through the pillowcase boxes just in case. Not sure what I’ll do with this, there is enough fabric to make a top or some shortie pyjimjam bottoms. I’m a sucker for stripes though.

IMG_7163

And finally another circular tablecloth to make into a skirt. Mum brought this one home from her travels and it only cost £1. It’s nicer, and less blue, than it looks, but the weather was turning again and it was getting dark.

If I find the time to transform any of these things, I’ll let you know…

Beccy

No comments:

Post a Comment