Tuesday 1 May 2012

Busy, busy, busy!

I’ve been very busy since Open Studios getting ready for my next exhibition, ‘Traces of Elsewhere’ which opens this Saturday 5th May at Studio Eleven in Hull.

Traces of Elsewhere Flyer v1 - LOW RES

It’s very exciting to be exhibiting – I don’t want to sound melodramatic, but maybe this is one of those life-changing experiences I’ve been waiting (read probably procrastinating) for? It happened out of the blue. One day in October I got an email from the lovely people at Studio Eleven asking if I would submit some work for an exhibition. Of course I said yes and last Saturday I delivered several boxes of ceramics to the gallery.

I can’t expect that to happen every week though! I know we make our own opportunities really and if I want to reach my ideal of being self-employed then I need to get off my backside and approach galleries myself, and maybe get good at talking to people in real life! It’s scary but I can’t just let the weeks fly by while I while away the hours being cosily domestic, only producing ceramics when occasion demands it – I need to take some chances.

So if you’re in the Hull area it would be lovely to see you on Saturday (go on, introduce yourself) and you can let me know afterwards how good I am at talking to real people.

Beccy

2 comments:

  1. Beccy!!

    This is just so, SO exciting! I'm happy for you. I'd love to pop in and meet you, but alas, I'm afraid the Concord folks don't offer any discounts or coupons that could get me over the ocean and back again in time for work on Monday morning for say, less than a year's worth of groceries. ;)

    Best of luck to you. Make sure you talk to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! I wish you could pop by too but geography is definitely not always our friend :) If I'm ever in Texas, I'll be calling!

      Delete