Monday 30 January 2012

A new shapeless knitted thing…

I really need to start knitting things that I can wear outside the house!

It’s not too bad, and the yarn is just some cheap acrylic (£1.25 for 100g) so I wasn’t expecting it to be beautiful. It’s just a bit too big, and a bit too stretchy. The colour is lovely though, which is why I bought the yarn in the first place.

The pattern is Alpine – here on ravelry – and I used Yarnfair double knit I bought from Wilkinsons of all places.

Here is how it’s supposed to look:

alpine_lg_medium

Image by Berocco.

And here is how mine looks:

IMG_2282IMG_2284

I lengthened the body and sleeves and should have really put in some waist shaping but I forgot! I also added buttons down the front. More details are on my Ravelry page here. I think it needs a stiffer yarn and I could have knit it a couple of sizes smaller. I know a lot of knitters would have frogged it and re-knit but I have the attention span of a mayfly so it’s staying the way it is and I WILL wear it!

IMG_2280

It looks much better with a belt but it’ll do for around the house.

Beccy

3 comments:

  1. I think it looks great! You should see the finished objects I DO wear out of my house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I like wearing oversized things anyway, so much comfier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Thanks guys, honestly it looks a LOT better in the photo than it does in real life :)

    It's been out once to show my gran (a champion knitter) who said she liked the colour...

    I probably will end up wearing it out of the house because it is very comfy and I wear a lot of cardigany outfits.

    Bex

    ReplyDelete