Wednesday 3 October 2012

Jumble sale booty!

I only really have one thing to show you because we arrived ten minutes after opening. When we got there we saw people leaving with the most amazing stuff but sadly when we went in the scrum had dissipated leaving only a few practically empty tables. I don’t know about your part of the world, but here jumble sales last at most half an hour so ten minutes is a long time in jumbling!

Anyway, this is what I got:

IMG_3451

Ten knitting magazines for 50p! Anyone who knows me knows I like collecting patterns even more than I like knitting. I trawl the magazine bins of charity shops as well as craft book sections but people never seem to get rid of knitting magazines and books. Lots of single 80’s jumper patterns to be had, but nothing more modern. Ok, so I might only knit one thing from all these mags but for 50p? A bargain!

I’ve already had a look on Ravelry and there are a few gorgeous versions of some of these patterns, plus ideas for cheaper/better yarn substitutions. Why do these magazines insist on using lime green and hot pink all the time? Often they manage to make an expensive yarn look cheap just through poor colour choice and styling. Rowan magazine is the only exception. Drool. Ravelry (or at least the extremely talented members) can be a godsend for helping you see through all that and make the right choices.

Beccy

No comments:

Post a Comment