Sunday 3 June 2012

Jubilee!

IMG_2826

We didn’t make a traditional Jubilee cake because frankly this was a last minute cake baked this morning to take to my gran’s for lunch and we didn’t have any strawberries.

It’s Nigella’s chocolate Guinness cake recipe and although it sounds weird it doesn’t taste of Guinness! It is dark and chocolatey goodness.

So, with the cake and the bunting it feels a bit jubilee-ee but we popped to the car boot sale at the racecourse yesterday morning and I found a few more things to bump up the jubilee feeling.

IMG_2809IMG_2810IMG_2811

Lawks, I love the queen. The two trios cost £2 each and I can’t remember how much the single cup and saucer cost but it can’t have been much more. With these, it’s becoming a bit of a collection!

I’ll show you all the other things we got a the car boot tomorrow.

Happy jubilee! (or something)

Beccy

2 comments:

  1. Those cups are awesome! I wish we could find those over here in the States!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm....I love Nigella's chocolate Guinness cake. Now I'm thinking about it, which means I'll have to go home and bake one. Or just call home and instruct the kids to bake one!

    ReplyDelete