Friday 1 June 2012

Jubilee bunting!

IMG_2791

Bunting is easy peasy to make! I whipped this up while I watched an old episode of ER this afternoon.

First you need to cut yourself a load of triangles – I made a cardboard template and had lots cut in no time. If you are making double-sided bunting you’ll need an even number.

Place two triangles together face to face and sew down the two long edges.

IMG_2789IMG_2787

Then turn them inside out and iron the hell out of ‘em. They’ll look all neat and pretty… see!

IMG_2790

I used cheap apron tape folded in half and ironed flat then I inserted the triangles between the fold about 2” apart, pinned and sewed through all four layers (2 tape and 2 bunting).

IMG_2792

Et voila! I used red white and blue colours because it’s the jubilee this weekend and I love our old queen. Those of you who have been following for a long time will recognise scraps from dresses I have made – always keep your big scraps! If I have enough I might make a Union Flag too…

Beccy

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a nice post i am so inspired here could you more share here i will be back to you as soon as possible.
    Thanks for sharing...



    garden centre Livingston

    ReplyDelete