Tuesday 26 April 2011

A day in sunny Scarborough…

except it wasn’t that sunny. We left York in a heatwave and pitched up in the middle of what my gran reliably tells me was a sea-fret.

IMG_0898

And you know what? It was beautiful and eerie at the same time. We took a walk along North bay beach and could hear kids playing but we couldn’t see anyone, then all of a sudden four kids would run out of the fog, head across our path and back into the fog again. Spooky.

IMG_0886IMG_0887IMG_0894

We also went to the Sea Life Centre while we were there. I know they are huge, commercial, shiny, shiny zoos but by god, the fish are pretty. And also a little spooky, like these jellyfish.

Woooooooo, spooky jellyfish…

IMG_0843IMG_0853IMG_0870IMG_0821IMG_0868

See? I could bore you with another twenty pictures like these, but I won’t. I’ll finish with one more though, entitled “mummy, why are those seals fighting?” Ahem.

IMG_0832

Beccy

1 comment: