Sunday 2 December 2012

A little knitting for me…

I was bought some wool for either my last birthday or Christmas and until last week I hadn’t a clue what to do with it. It’s stylecraft brushstrokes chunky – a self-striping synthetic/mohair mix. It’s not my usual colourful yarn but maybe autumn has made me more sympathetic to more muted colours.

IMG_3795

For some reason I chose a pattern with a lovely stitch that really wouldn’t show up with all the colour and mohair goings-on so after about 20 rows I ripped it and knitted the same pattern in plain stocking stitch. Jacqueline is a free chunky cardigan pattern from Knitty and it’s beautiful, especially the rizotto stitch pattern, but nice enough knit plain.

 IMG_3794

It has raglan sleeves and it’s knit from the bottom-up so it’s pretty easy. Here’s my Ravelry page if you want to see how I’m getting on.

What I should really be getting on with is Christmas presents though. I’m suddenly working full-time and although it’s great money-wise, it’s not so great time-wise. Up until a few months ago I was only working two and a half days a week and I was spoiled for time (but poor). These days I guard my few free hours like my life depended on it but my personal arbitrary project deadlines have slipped out of sight and I have less and less to tell you guys.

It might only be temporary so after Christmas I could be back to part-time so who knows, I might actually get to finish that dress and my stripy blanket… and those 101 projects on my to-do list.

Beccy

No comments:

Post a Comment