Sunday 9 September 2012

My new creative space…

Finally finished! From this:

IMG_7391[4]IMG_7393[3]

…to this…

IMG_3201

…to this!

IMG_3440

I’m so pleased. Would you like a quick tour?

You see those drawers in the middle there? Well, they used to house my clothes but they weren’t nearly big enough so I moved my clothes into a huge old chest of drawers and filled these with…

IMG_3443

…yarn! Lots and lots of (too much) yarn. Is it weird that I stashed it by weight? That top little drawer is sock wool, 1ply, 2ply and 3ply. Below that are two drawers of DK, then worsted and aran, then a drawer of chunky.

IMG_3435

My little desk is big enough to sew on and you see those little drawers on the left?

IMG_3438

Well, the bottom six house all my pins and needles, scissors, sewing thread, buttons, embroidery hoops etc. etc.

IMG_3442

And the top four house my knitting stuff.

IMG_3441

Behind the curtain, under the desk, I have more drawers that contain all my sewing patterns (2 big drawers full!). There is also a drawer full of ribbon, trims and bias.

IMG_3439

Above the desk there is a shelf of knitting patterns/books and one full of sewing books. The very top shelf has about forty 1950’s Homes and Gardens magazines. Inspirational stuff!

Well that’s it. It’s been a long, hard slog but it’s now a room I feel happy in - and one I don’t mind other people seeing. It’s organised too and I might actually finish that dress I started more than a few months ago…

Beccy

3 comments:

  1. That room looks great! You've inspired me to declutter mine as well. What a huge undertaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your space looks lovely. A great space to create in

    ReplyDelete
  3. That room looks wonderful!! well done, the new blanket is gonna look beautiful in there too, i've just whited out the kitchen a colour I never thought id use but it really works! and youre right it definatly makes you not want to fill it with junk

    ReplyDelete