Monday 29 August 2011

Thrifty curtains…

We found this fantastic pair of curtains in a charity shop, perfect for our living room – see how boring the old curtains were?

IMG_0721

And the new curtains? Chintztastic.

IMG_0723

We have two large windows but there was only one pair of curtains, luckily they were over twice the width of our windows so I thought I’d just cut them in half.

Imagine my joy when I got them home and found out they had a central seam!

IMG_0724

I got out my trusty stitch ripper and hacked them in two. The header tape ran across the seam so I just cut it in half, sewed it down and tied the threads to secure them. A lot of hemming later, they looked like this:

IMG_0725

Don’t they look much better? They cost £5, and took about an hour to fix.

Anyone remember that Ikea advert, Chuck out your chintz? I would have killed to know the location of that skip!

Beccy

No comments:

Post a Comment