Sunday, 23 November 2008

What a gorgeous quilt!

I wanted to share this quilt with you if you haven't already seen it. It was made by Alexia at craftopia and I love the way it is so fresh and clean! See the full post at...

I am about to embark on my first proper quilt project for Christmas for my darling ma. Well that's the plan anyway. The fabric is on it's way from lovely Etsy-land and I've put my graph paper to work designing the thing. Ok, so I probably won't get it done this side of Christmas, but then it wouldn't be a WIP then would it? :)
I'll also be making a bath set for my aunt... hand made olive oil soap, crochet sisal soap bag, soap dish, flannel, coordinating headband, slippers, eyemask and a bag to put it all in! Phew, it'll all be hand-made so I'll have to get my skates on! The beauty is that I can make them all fairly quickly when I have a few spare minutes and feel a sense of continued accomplishment. I have already made the soap (olive oil, honey and oatmeal. Pictures to follow!) so that is curing as I write. Just lots and lots of sewing to do :)
I'll be using this pattern as a vague base for the slippers but I'm thinking I might crochet the uppers. I'll also be making a pair for ma to match her quilt.
The fabric for the insole will match the bag, (a variation of, the headband and the eyemask and will hopefully use up some of my ever growing stash (though, knowing me, I'll probably pop back to Etsy-land for some Amy Butler or Anna Horner niceness)
The soap dish will be either ceramic or glass, depending on how much time I have by the time I get round to it!
Well, these are my best laid plans so far, I'll let you know how I'm getting on :)

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.