Tuesday 25 February 2014

I heart counted cross stitch!

I must point out right from the start that I don’t actually DO any kind of cross stitch, I don’t even have much interest in starting (although that could easily change), I just seem to buy a lot of completed ones.

P1020878

Whenever I see one in a charity shop or at a car boot sale I really have to stop myself from just buying it - I’ve started forcing myself to be critical and only buy the ones I really like because frankly I don’t have the wall space. I don’t know what it is about them, but I have a sneaking feeling it’s because they remind me of the games we played on our ZX Spectrum and Amiga 500 in the 80’s and 90’s. Especially the smaller ones.

this oneP1020875

The Perils of Rosella anyone? No? Really? Well I’ll show you:

kq4-sci-dos-600P1020910

You see? I think I must miss four pixels to the inch.

P1020877

This is my most recent purchase and it’s a big one although it only cost £7. The subject appears to be The Spanish Village of Insane Perspective.

P1020877

I’ve cropped in so you can just see the giant random black animal behind the teensy tiny blue and white lady under the arch. Also some of the crazy roofs. It’s amazing, I love it!

P1020879P1020880

These two are modern but I couldn’t resist the Monarch of the Glen! I bought them both for £5 and they just need blocking and framing.

Finally, I found this lovely fire screen last week. It was marked down from £8 to £5 and I nearly bit her hand off for it. It makes more sense in real life, but it’s a picture of sailboats in a harbour.

P1020911

Anyway, I think I’m probably a bit obsessed, but

I Red heartcounted cross stitch!

Beccy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment