Tuesday 20 December 2011

Christmas cake!

I’ve never made a Christmas cake in my life, but I thought I’d give it a go…

IMG_2036IMG_2052IMG_2061IMG_2063IMG_2064IMG_2056IMG_2076IMG_2081IMG_2084IMG_2085

What do you think? The cake frill is a vintage one I found in a charity shop. It’s almost a shame to use it because it’s so pretty. The snowmen are old wooden tree ornaments. I’ll let you know how it tastes!

It’s not as good as my gran’s cake though. She always uses decorations she bought in the 50’s – a church (she even flattens a path in the icing), a fir tree and a plastic ‘Merry Christmas’. If I didn’t know better I’d say it’s always the same cake every year! She doesn’t make hers anymore, it’s a Marks’ special, but she always adds her own royal icing and decorations.

If I remember before she cuts it, I’ll get a photo this year.

Beccy

No comments:

Post a Comment