Wednesday 6 October 2010

Some thrifted goodies…

First some fabric. I can’t walk by a fabricy bargain! There is loads of this first one, more than enough for a twirly dress and honestly, it’s much nicer in real life – it looks quite 40’s :)

IMG_9844

This next fabric is actually a pair of cotton curtains, I love the slightly offset printing of the yellow.

IMG_9851

I have a special soft-spot for Sanderson type fabrics. This is only a little piece but it’s more than enough for a bag.

IMG_9850

I love old craft books, I’ve got lots of them but there’s always room on my overcrowded shelves for one more!

IMG_9853

Look at the illustrations!

IMG_9854

I picked up this little box of thread for £1 at my favourite Sally Army. They are only little spools but the lovely bright colours will be great for accents.

IMG_9848IMG_9849

Any idea what this is? It cost £1 and I thought it might be a little loom.

IMG_9845

It sort-of is, but (have you guessed yet?)…

IMG_9846

It’s for darning! I’ll never use it, but I love interesting old sewing paraphernalia.

IMG_9847

So the end of my recent thrifty travels, but I’m off to a jumble sale tomorrow…

Beccy

No comments:

Post a Comment